Josie Matteis Doto Bursary for Nonprofit Management
APPLY NOW FOR THE 2018/2019 BURSARY!
Josie Matteis Doto was a Chatham-Kent native who made a connection with everyone whom she met! She demonstrated her genuine interest in helping others around her – specifically through her volunteer work with the local United Way. Throughout her life, Josie dedicated herself to community service. She was a unique and caring individual who believed in giving and expecting nothing in return. Josie left us in 2015. In her memory, Josie’s family members are proud to grant this Bursary to someone who has a similar passion and commitment to community service. Awarded annually to a deserving student entering a Nonprofit Management Program at a College or University. This award is valued at $1,000.00 for the 2018/2019 academic year. Only one bursary will be awarded.
General Eligibility Criteria
Recipient must be:
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person who has resided in Chatham-Kent
- A student entering a program in Nonprofit Management Program OR
- Entering a program at a College or University in the field of Community Studies, Liberal Arts, Arts and Humanities, Social Science, Leadership and Social Change, Social Work or Behavioural and Social Sciences.
- An individual who demonstrates academic promise, leadership and participation in extra-curricular secondary school activities, community service and/or volunteer work
- Willing to allow the Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network to showcase their name and image if awarded this bursary
- Please complete all six sections of the application form.
- Please send proof of enrollment and one letter of reference as an attachment to CKNN@uwock.ca
- Applications must be received by Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network by Sunday, April 1, 2018- @5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 1, 2018 @5:00 p.m.
Successful candidate will be notified in writing by Thursday, April 26, 2018
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will my submission be evaluated?
Applications will be reviewed by a jury consisting of Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network decision makers and members of Josie's family.
How will a bursary recipient be chosen?
On the basis of the following submissions:
1. General eligibility requirements are met
2. Six sections of the application form are completed
3. Letter of reference is emailed to CKNN@uwock.ca
4. Proof of post-secondary enrollment in Nonprofit Management is provided to CKNN@uwock.ca
How will I know if I’ve been selected?
If you are selected, you will be notified in writing by Thursday, April 26, 2018
May I send in additional support material beyond what is required?
No thanks. The jury will only review the required materials.
What financial assistance will I receive?
The bursary is for $1,000 for the academic year of 2018-2019.