Josie Matteis Doto Bursary for Nonprofit Management
APPLY NOW FOR THE 2017/2018 BURSARY!
Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network
Call for applications for 2nd annual Josie Matteis Doto Bursary for Nonprofit Management
Do you know a future college or university student interested in public service or nonprofit management?
The Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network invites applicants for the Josie Matteis Doto Bursary for Nonprofit Management. Josie left us in 2015. Inspired by Josie’s volunteer work with the local United Way, the bursary was established to honour the memory of the Chatham-Kent native who is remembered as someone who was genuinely interested in helping others. For her lifetime, she dedicated herself to community service as a unique and caring individual who believed in giving and expecting nothing in return. Her family members and the Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network are proud to grant this Bursary for Nonprofit Management to someone who has a similar passion and commitment to community service.
This bursary will be awarded to a deserving student entering a Nonprofit Management Program at a college or university. This $1,000 award for the 2017/2018 academic year will be granted to one recipient. Applications will be accepted until Friday July 28, 2017. The successful candidate will be notified in writing by Friday, August 18, 2017.
Josie Matteis Doto was a Chatham-Kent native who made a connection with everyone whom she met! She demonstrated her genuine interest in helping others around her – specifically through her volunteer work with the local United Way. Throughout her life, Josie dedicated herself to community service. She was a unique and caring individual who believed in giving and expecting nothing in return. Josie left us in 2015. In her memory, Josie’s family members are proud to grant this Bursary for Nonprofit Management to someone who has a similar passion and commitment to community service. Awarded annually to a deserving student entering a Nonprofit Management Program at a College or University. This award is valued at $1,000.00 for the 2017/2018 academic year. Only one bursary will be awarded.
General Eligibility Criteria
Recipient must be:
· A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person who has resided in Chatham-Kent
· A student entering a program in Nonprofit Management Program*
· An individual who demonstrates academic promise, leadership and participation in extra-curricular secondary school activities, community service and/or volunteer work
- Willing to allow the Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network to showcase their name and image if awarded this bursary
1. Please complete all six sections of the application form.
2. Please send proof of enrollment and one letter of reference as an attachment to CKNN@uwock.ca
3. Applications must be received by Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network by Friday July 29, 2016
Application Deadline: Friday July 28, 2017
Successful candidate will be notified in writing by Friday, August 18, 2017
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will my submission be evaluated?
Applications will be reviewed by a jury consisting of Chatham-Kent Nonprofit Network decision makers and members of Josie's family.
How will a bursary recipient be chosen?
On the basis of the following submissions:
1. General eligibility requirements are met
2. Six sections of the application form are completed
3. Letter of reference is emailed to CKNN@uwock.ca
4. Proof of post-secondary enrollment in Nonprofit Management is provided to CKNN@uwock.ca
How will I know if I’ve been selected?
If you are selected, you will be notified in writing by Friday, August 18, 2017
May I send in additional support material beyond what is required?
No thanks. The jury will only review the required materials.
*What do you mean by nonprofit management?
Any type of degree/certificate/program that will enhance a career in the nonprofit sector including but not limited to:
Special Event Management
Arts and Culture Management Programs
Social Services Programs
Community Economic and Social Development
Fundraising and Resource Development
What financial assistance will I receive?
The bursary is for $1,000 for the academic year of 2017-2018.