As you may know August 12 is International Youth Day. To mark the occasion, the Youth Engagement Partnership Group (YEP Group) began hosting a day to celebrate youth in Chatham-Kent last year! Our “All About YOUth Day” is an event with the goal of engaging youth ages 11 - 25 in a fun and interactive evening!
This year, the event will take place on Friday, August 11th at the Downtown Chatham Centre from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and consist of the following elements:
- Information booths showcasing community agencies that offer services within the age demographic(11-25). Youth will be able to meet with the organizations and have resources to take home.
- Booths will be both inside and outside
- Music and games outside in the common area
- A dunk tank
- Carnival type games where they will earn tickets for prizes! They will put their tickets into the prize that you would like to win and we will draw them at the end of the event.
- Youth suggestion box for future events or things that would like to see!